It is all about Digitization, Innovation and Reinvention. Interesting to see, that CISCO was able to run a two and a half days event which involved C-Level Executive at the 7thCisco CEO.CIO Leadership Council, hosted by current Chairman and CEO John Chambers.
- Short-term thinking and twisting to meet quarterly objectives is not the path to innovation.
- New business models like those from Uber and Airbnb are changing the competitive landscape.
- Physical and virtual businesses are merging and everyone, in time, will be a tech company.
- Partnering is critical to seize opportunities in rapidly evolving markets.
- Every organization needs to make security a core competency. This is being fueled by the explosion of the Internet of Things (IoT) and the advanced skills of hackers.
- Mobility is trumping online presence, and millennials are the torchbearers. Get them, embrace them, or risk becoming irrelevant.
- The nature of work is changing; the new workforce will consist of value-driven jobs.
- Prepare to be disrupted, but play for the long-term.
Or check the key facts by charts: