Xerox is fully committed to digital transformation, turning pressure equipment into Workplace Assistants.— Photo: Andreas Weber
By Andreas Weber, Head of Value | German Version
Note: The translation of the original German version was done by xeroxtranslates.com
“Our biggest challenge is to meet the demands of the people in the mobile age,” notes Mark Boyt. In its function as a global of solutions marketing at Xerox he presented head at an analyst meeting in Uxbridge, UK, strategy, and news about the ConnectKey platform, workplace Assistant, and e-commerce. The development and marketing of business apps is a focus. To do this, Xerox has collaborated extensively partner companies with qualified and authorized Xerox.
“To be still attractive for our customers and to create new business ideas, we have developed by the device vendor to the solution provider, and now to the service partner for our customers”, explains Marcus Putschli, CEO of e-dox AG, Leipzig/Germany. In the Centre is thus not only the hardware product portfolio, but the creative and consulting-oriented performance, to create a maximum customer benefit. Partner developed Putschli in other Xerox as a series from around the world with his team apps that offer new, specific application solutions notably based on technology infrastructure provided by Xerox.
Putschli said: “in addition to the managed print solutions we offer our customers the possibility of digitizing and data protection solutions in the enterprise to anchor. We are various document management partner provider, Microsoft-365-partner-certified app developers for Xerox, and support our customers in many IT issues advice to the page”. The app development takes place through the project area e-dev/> and can be accessed on 10 years of experience. The highlight: the apps are tailored to and run on existing multi-function printers.
Info box to current example — the Convert2PDF app e-dev
Usable via subscription Convert2PDF app, it will be possible to take advantage of the full functionality and benefits of Convert2PDF easily directly from the Xerox, each ConnectKey device by Xerox device i.e. workflows and document processes by simple To control the app user interface.
Systems provides a particular advantage when using the app with Xerox VersaLink. The Convert2PDF app has extended the product range VersaLink in conjunction with Convert2PDF quasi often missing workflow scanning and allows the use of different Scanprofilen for different tasks or workflows. Users as well as administrators in companies are significantly relieved. The Convert2PDF scanning and workflow can be easily managed thanks to the app and also operated. Sources of error for incorrect processes are eliminated so in a comfortable way.The app is also offered on the redesigned Xerox app Gallery.
Xerox’s according to his own admission, that ConnectKey apps accelerate the digital transformation for companies. In the focus are three areas of action:
- Support for mobile workers, Office workers and teachers
- Smooth workflows for each company
- The advanced Xerox app Gallery to facilitate search and install and purchase transactions
My take: everything will be fine. Thanks Appiness!
Good news: print is an important pillar of the transformation of companies and their business communication processes. But: It is no longer sufficient to optimize existing, but sometimes are disruptiv new ways to follow, which provide the benefits for all those involved in the focus.
The so-called digital transformation simplifies and accelerates not only processes, but provoked new business goals and opportunities. All of us could benefit from this but only if we also transform to become creative consultants. Our customers have to become partners and customer service is a central issue. And this new, tailor-made apps play a central role. In this sense: Everything is fine. “Appiness” thanks!
New Xerox ConnectKey Apps Speed Digital Transformation for Enterprises, SMBs
- Apps support office workers, mobile workforce; educators
- Frictionless workflows for any business
- Enhanced Xerox App Gallery makes browsing, installing and purchasing easier
UXBRIDGE, U.K., Oct. 10, 2018 – Organisations can now better connect staff to popular business platforms such as Salesforce, QuickBooks Online and Concur, supporting customer relationship management, accounting and invoicing, plus streamline additional processes with new apps for Xerox ConnectKey® devices. Purchasing and implementing the apps is simple with a new e-commerce-enabled site.
The Morrell Group, a full-service automation controls design and engineering services organisation, has experienced the power of ConnectKey apps. The company saved 25 percent by automating its product distribution process with the Sign Me app, built by MidAmerica Technology, a Xerox Personalised Application Builder developer. The app digitises the document-laden process, accelerating the speed in which products get out the door.
“Sign Me is a breakthrough app that has greatly improved our business – we’ve gained efficiencies that impact our bottom line,” said David Hajciar, operations manager, Morrell Group.
Transformation: Xerox turns multifunction printers into Workplace Assistants. Video: Xerox
New apps make work easier
The ongoing development of its ConnectKey-enabled portfolio underscores Xerox’s position as a print technology powerhouse. The latest enhancements make labour-intense, time-consuming efforts easier and offer new twists on traditional ways of working.
The Xerox VersaLink® and Xerox AltaLink® series are the launch pads for apps such as:
- Xerox Connect App for Salesforce: access to Salesforce’s Customer Relationship Management system right at the multifunction printer (MFP); upload and share sales management information to client folders by scanning the documents directly into Salesforce.
- Xerox Audio Documents App: securely transforms hardcopy documents into audio files allowing commuters, multitaskers, or audio enthusiasts to listen on the go instead of reading.
- Xerox Connect App for QuickBooks Online: offers a hassle-free expense reimbursement process with multi-receipt scanning. Receipt data is extracted into an expense report and submitted with notifications sent to reviewers for timely approval. For Concur users, a similar receipt management app will be available by year’s end.
- Xerox Forms Manager App: simplifies management of multiple forms while reducing paper-based filing risks. With intelligent routing capabilities via embedded QR codes, scanned forms are automatically routed to the appropriate email address.
- Xerox Quick Link App: enables a fast start to printing without IT support. This intuitive app sends an email directly from the device containing appropriate links to install, and connects computers or mobile devices with the drivers and configuration settings.
Making the grade with educators
With insights gained from working with thousands of education customers, Xerox responds with apps that increase productivity for teachers and students:
- Xerox Connect App for Blackboard: provides access to an industry-leading learning management system; documents are digitised and stored into their Blackboard Learn account from the MFP.
- Xerox Proofreader Service: checks for writing elements in the English language, such as spelling, grammar, style and plagiarism.
Extra Value for Channel Partners
Alongside an improved design for a better user experience, the e-commerce-enabled Xerox App Gallery provides a global marketplace for channel partners to promote and sell apps. Also, channel partners can share in the revenue when their customers purchase an app.
Channel partners will learn more about how they can boost recurring post-sale revenues with the new ConnectKey apps and how the new e-commerce model helps them create, market and sell their own apps at the European Personalised Application Builder (PAB) Forum taking place November 7-8 at Xerox’s Innovation Centre in Uxbridge, UK.
Xerox’s newest ConnectKey-enabled apps will be added to the Xerox App Gallery in select geographies between fourth-quarter 2018 and first-quarter 2019.
At a glance — via Twitter Moments